The Public Health Advocacy Institute of WA (PHAIWA) aims to promote, support and develop public health advocacy in Western Australia and beyond.
#Mediawatch2day High rate of chronic cough among Kimberley kids, but study offers chance to tell a new story @telethonkids @NACCHOAustralia @IndigenousPHAA @abcnews https://ab.co/2DViKv4
Not a whole lot of public health news in #MediaWatch2Day - make sure you're continuing to share your stories! After some tips on engaging with the media? Download our toolkit: https://www.phaiwa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2019_Advocacy-in-Action-A-Toolkit-for-Public-Health-Professionals-1.pdf
Andrew Wilkie calls for sports betting to be part of a wider gambling enquiry as ex-employee explains industry tactics such as winners being called 'problem customers' @PHAIWA @MelissaSweetDr @vicrgf @Melinda_Edmunds https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-05/bet365-whistleblower-says-winners-given-delays/11768486
#LGAWARDS Hot off the press - keep an eye out for your copy of the 2019 Local Government Policy Awards showcase - get inspired and start planning for your 2020 nominations!
- “THE INSTAGRAMMABILITY OF PINK DRINKS” How alcohol is marketed to women in AustraliaNovember 26, 2019
- 2019 Local Government Policy Awards ShowcaseNovember 26, 2019
- New blog: Who reads the junk mail?October 15, 2019
- 2019 AFL Sponsorship Ladder ReleasedSeptember 25, 2019
- #endingtrachoma advertisements launched!September 20, 2019