PHAIWA provides a free-to-subscribe MediaWatch service. The daily MediaWatch email summarises news articles with relevance to public health, advocacy and PHAIWA priority areas from selected local and national print news (The West Australian, The Sunday Times, The Australian and ABC News online).
PHAIWA run a free JournalWatch service. Our staff review 10 key public health journals on a monthly basis, providing a précis of articles that highlight key public health and advocacy related findings, with an emphasis on findings that can be readily translated into policy or practice.
The journals reviewed include:-
- Australian & New Zealand Journal of Public Health (ANZJPH)
- Journal of Public Health Policy (JPHP)
- Health Promotion Journal of Australia (HPJA)
- Medical Journal of Australia (MJA)
- Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP)
- Tobacco Control (TC)
- American Journal of Public Health (AMJPH)
- Health Promotion International (HPI)
- American Journal of Preventive Medicine (AJPM)
The 9 journals were selected to reflect the 7 priority areas of PHAIWA.
If you have any articles that you would like to be included in the next edition of JournalWatch please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (please place ‘JournalWatch in subject heading).
PHAIWA sends weekly email updates listing events, conferences, campaigns, news, media and employment opportunities. Emails are sent out to E-News subscribers and subscription is free of charge. If you would like to subscribe please complete the form below: