The Public Health Advocacy Institute of WA (PHAIWA) aims to promote, support and develop public health advocacy in Western Australia and beyond.
#MediaWatch2Day The coronavirus can now spread from human-human, prompting the shutdown of the Chinese city in which it originated. NSW Health confirms it is investigating four possible cases in the State.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-24/wuhan-coronavirus-traps-locals-in-a-real-life-horror-movie/11892202 @PHAA_Eco @DocsEnvAus @WHO #CoronavirusOutbreak
Loving our new uniform. We will wear it with pride! @PHAIWA @RobertMullane @Jo_AnneMorgan @DrMelStoneham @IEHU_UniMelb
A new report by @PHAIWA and @FAREAustralia finds that states and territories are starting to address the harmful impacts that #alcohol advertising has on children.
Over the last few years, we’ve seen a number of state & territory governments announce restrictions on alcohol marketing.
@FAREAustralia & @PHAIWA new snapshot report outlines the current situation when it comes to outdoor alcohol advertising: https://alcohol.phaiwa.org.au/assets/publications/reports/Outdoor-alcohol-advertising-in-Australia_Snapshot-report-FINAL.pdf
- “The Instagrammability of Pink Drinks” How alcohol is marketed to women in AustraliaNovember 26, 2019
- 2019 Local Government Policy Awards ShowcaseNovember 26, 2019
- New blog: Who reads the junk mail?October 15, 2019
- 2019 AFL Sponsorship Ladder ReleasedSeptember 25, 2019
- #endingtrachoma advertisements launched!September 20, 2019